Payment sector opportunity
- This event has passed.
Private and public digital currencies
Live I Interactive I Online I
This webinar is accredited by the FSMA within the scope of ongoing professional training – Compliance: 1 point
Join us for a unique, open and lively discussion with Julien Le Goc, Policy Director at Libra Association, Siân Jones, Partner at xReg LLP and Scott McInnes, Partner at Bird&Bird.
Up for discussion:
- The state & challenges of the payment sector today, globally and in Europe
- Wholesale- and retail payments and CBDC’s
- The role of VASPs in private and public digital currencies
- Insight on existing and upcoming regulation on cryptocurrencies (FATF guidelines, EU regulation)
- Libra’s quest for acceptance and establishment as a new payment system
The emergence of the Facebook initiative “Libra” has shaken the financial sector and regulators alike on a global scale. As a consequence, we have seen statements in the media of Central Banks initiatives to issue digital currencies. Currently we are at a stage where the “scramble for CBDC’s” is open, with China, the US, the ECB and other European Central Banks working actively to bring to life these digital currencies.
Have digital currencies emerged as a response to the challenges the payment sector faces?
And can the current Covid-19 pandemic be considered as the push needed to accelerate the adoption of digital currencies?
This webinar is for you: Compliance Responsible, Payment Responsible, Risk Responsible, VASP, Blockchain specialist & enthusiast, Crypto Exchange, FinTech, Consultant